Cold Lake RCMP in a joint effort with the Eastern Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit (EADCRU) were conducting a warrant apprehension in line with the Alberta RCMP Crime Reduction initiatives on May 30, 2019.
RCMP located and arrested Isiah Csurdi on his outstanding warrants along with Tiara Jamey Shannon Marten.
Upon apprehension, they were in possession of a .22 calibre rifle and are facing additional charges.
19-year-old Isiah Csurdi is before the courts on charges stemming from his warrants along with further charges added from today’s incident.
- Trafficking of a controlled substance x 3
- Flight from police
- Fail to comply with probation x 2
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Fail to comply with court imposed conditions
- Possession of stolen property over $5000 x 2
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of ammunition and firearm
- Illegal transport of firearm
18-year-old Tiara Jamey Shannon Marten of Cold Lake has been charged with the following:
- Obstruction of a peace officer
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
Cooperation between the RCMP and the public is instrumental to the success of our crime reduction efforts. The simple act of reporting any suspicious activity and/or crime provides us with the necessary information by which we gather intelligence. Members of the public who suspect criminal activity in their community can call the local police or contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Crime stoppers is always anonymous.