With just a couple games left before the two-week Christmas break, teams have grouped together in the North Eastern Alberta Junior B Hockey League standings.
The St. Paul Canadiens (44 points) are tied with the Wainwright Bisons for second in the NEAJBHL standings, just one behind the Killam Wheat Kings for the top spot.
The Jr. Canadiens played both those teams this weekend, with Ethin Campbell making 34 saves for a shutout win on Saturday night against the Wheat Kings. However, St. Paul couldn’t sweep them both as the Bisons stormed into the Clancy Richard Arena on Sunday evening and earned a 4-1 victory.
Mikael Munger scored the lone goal for the Cold Lake Ice, as the Lloyd Bandits picked up just their second win of the season against Cold Lake on Friday night. On Saturday, Elijah Brown, Scott Thackeray, and Devon McCormack each picked up multi-point games, but the Ice couldn’t back the Vermilion Tigers, who put themselves ahead in the second period and hung on to a 5-4 victory.
The Ice sit one point ahead of the Tigers for 4th in the NEAJBHL standings.
Meanwhile, the Lac La Biche Clippers dropped both contests this weekend, a 7-3 defeat to Killam and a 6-4 loss to Lloyd on Sunday.
- Thursday, Dec. 16 — Killam Wheat Kings at Vermilion Tigers | 8pm
- Friday, Dec. 17 — Vermilion Tigers at Lac La Biche Clippers | 7:30pm
- Friday, Dec. 17 — Cold Lake Ice at St. Paul Canadiens | 8pm
- Saturday, Dec. 18 — Killam Wheat Kings at Cold Lake Ice | 7:30pm
- Saturday, Dec. 18 — Lac La Biche Clippers at Wainwright Bisons | 8pm
- Sunday, Dec. 19 — Lac La Biche Clippers at Cold Lake Ice | 5pm