After this weekend’s action, the St. Paul Jr. Canadiens sit first in the North Eastern Alberta Junior B Hockey League after a pair of victories.
The Jr. Canadiens demolished the Lloyd Bandits 15-3 on Saturday in a runaway game that saw both teams combine for 211 penalty minutes. Three players had 6 points: Nicolas Beaudoin, Kurtis Labant, and Kyler Steinhauer-Morin while only two skaters were held without a point.
The Junior Canadiens are rolling right now. They beat the Vermilion Tigers 4-1 on Friday and have the NEAJBHL’s best record of 10-2-1, one point ahead of the Wainwright Bisons.
The Cold Lake Junior B Ice went 2-1 on the weekend to snap a six game losing streak and return to .500. Cold Lake got past the same Lloyd Bandits the night before, picking up an impressive 6-4 road victory against the Wainwright Bisons, before coming back on Sunday and narrowly losing 6-5 to the Lac La Biche Clippers.
The Ice have played the most hockey any league team so far with 16 games, three more than Wainwright, Killam, and St. Paul, and four more than the Clippers.
The Clippers split games this weekend, falling to the Killam Wheat Kings 7-4 on Saturday.
- Thursday, November 18 | Lloydminster Bandits at Vermilion Tigers 8:00PM
- Friday, November 19 | St. Paul Jr. Canadiens at Killam Wheat Kings 8:00PM
- Friday, November 19 | Vermilion Tigers at Cold Lake Ice 8:00PM
- Saturday, November 20 | Wainwright Bisons at Lac La Biche Clippers 7:30PM
- Saturday, November 20 | Killam Wheat Kings at Lloydminster Bandits 7:30PM
- Sunday, November 21 | Lac La Biche Clippers at Lloydminster Bandits 5:15PM
- Sunday, November 21 | St. Paul Jr. Canadiens at Wainwright Bisons 5:30PM