On September 25th, just prior to 4:00 pm, the Cold Lake RCMP received a call from a male, who advised that someone had tried to run him over a vehicle. After attempting to run him over, the suspect hit a trailer.
S/Sgt. Jeremie Landry, of the Cold Lake Detachment explains, “this occurred on Cold Lake First Nations. When RCMP there was a truck embedded into a residence (a trailer).” The RCMP arrested & charged, 51 year old Robert Charlen, of Cold Lake First Nations. The RCMP seized the vehicle, as it was not insured or registered.
Charlen has been charged with:
- Assault with a weapon (motor vehicle)
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Mischief over $5,000 (damage to the residence)
- Driving an uninsured vehicle under the Traffic Safety Act
- Operating a motor vehicle without a driver’s licence, under the Traffic Safety Act
- Operating a motor vehicle without a certificate of registration, under the Traffic Safety Act
Charlen was remanded for a court date of September 27th. The next court date for Robert Charlen is October 11th at 10:00 am, in Cold Lake.