An arrest has been made following an incident on Jan. 9, 2017 at the Fishing Lake Settlement.
Elk Point RCMP responded to a shots fired call at a residence located on the Fishing Lake Metis Settlement. The owners were awoken at approximately 2:00 a.m., by the sounds of gunfire. Members attended and learned the residence was shot at several times. No one inside was injured. It is believed a small car may have been driving near the residence at the time of the shooting.
Austin Don Crevier, a 20-year-old from Edmonton was charged with:
- Discharge firearm while being reckless
- Using firearm in commission of an offence
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a weapon contrary to order (X2)
- Fail to comply with a probation order (X2)
- Fail to comply with recognizance (X4)
Crevier was remanded into custody and will be appearing in Elk Point Provincial Court on Feb. 22, 2017.
As this matter is now before the courts no further information will be provided.