142 Lakeland Families have utilized the Ronald McDonald House
In 2016, Lakeland Region residents, corporations, agencies and schools were dedicated supporters of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHCNA). Raising over $207,000 to maintain operating the house and the many programs that serve our families. You helped to provide much needed funds & volunteer support and helped to raise awareness in the work that we do. Without you, we would not have such a caring, vibrant community.
- 142 local Lakeland families have utilized RMHCNA.
- In 2016, Lakeland families stayed 906 nights at RMHCNA. Utilizing RMHCNA helped them save over $160,700 in transportation and accommodation costs.
- Our Connect Back Program and Meals that Mend event helped to successfully connect many Lakeland region families to one another and to supports as they journey through the illness of a child.
- 156 volunteers contributed 936 hours.
- The Run for RMHCNA committee was recognized with a nomination at the Cold Lake and District Volunteer Appreciation Awards and RMHCNA was awarded with the Lakeland Business Award of the Year for outstanding not-for profit.
“To us the House was a sanctuary. It was a worry-free place that gave us the ability to focus on our number one priority, Landon. We felt encouragement, warmth and comfort and we will carry the memories with us forever” -Falk Family Hometown: Cold Lake
You hear about RMHCNA and the Stollery, but when you have to use it you have a different appreciation for it. We stayed 226 days and I used the shuttle every day. You know when meals are ready so you can eat and go back to the hospital. There are not enough words to thank the community. There is no way we could be here if it wasn’t for them. It really is a home away from home and everyone at the house is here to support you.” – Hodge Family Hometown: Vermilion
Plans for the future…
The City of Cold Lake has approved volunteer sponsorship, $1,000 per event, for three Ronald McDonald House Charity Events:
- Run for Ronald – Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Charity Golf Classic: Lakeland Region – Saturday, June 17, 2017
- Rock the House Curling Funspiel – Saturday, October 21, 2017
The Town of Bonnyville is waiting for more information on Bonnyville Signiture events; including a golf tournament in September and a Atom level hockey tournament in February of 2018.