New four-way stop signs at the intersection of Highway 36, Highway 55 and Highway 881 south of Lac La Biche will bring drivers to a full stop.
To increase intersection safety, crews are replacing the two-way stop signs on Highway 55 and Highway 881 with four-way stop signs. When the transition to the new four-way stop is complete, all motorists, including those on Highway 36, will come to a full stop at the intersection.
Intersection of Highway 36, Highway 55 and Highway 881
- The transition to a four-way stop will take place over three weeks.
- The four-way stop will come into effect on April 20, weather permitting.
- Signs and message boards are being installed along the intersection approaches informing drivers of the upcoming change.
- These signs include:
- “New Traffic Control” signs;
- “Stop Ahead” signs; and
- “4-Way Stop” signs with oversized “Stop” signs and red flashing lights.
- Rumble strips will be installed on the northbound Highway 36 approach to further notify drivers of the new four-way stop configuration.
- Drivers are reminded to obey all signs and signals
*Press Release from Alberta Transportation