The Town of Bonnyville is currently seeking a Shop Labourer who will be reporting directly to the Town Fleet Mechanics. The Incumbent is responsible for general labour and wash bay duties. The Shop Labourer must be a self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and contribute to a positive and safe work environment. The Shop Labourer must be mechanically inclined. We are committed to diversity at the Town of Bonnyville; to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid Driver’s License Class 5 (GDL will be considered).
- Ability to multitask, detail oriented, positive attitude, and a team player.
- Previous experience with large equipment or a service-oriented shop (an asset).
- An understanding of Heavy-duty Equipment operations (an asset).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literacy with work orders and fleet software programs (an asset).
- Mechanical aptitude with basic understanding of heavy equipment parts and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist mechanics in minor repairs and running for parts.
- Perform oil sampling, lube, and oil changes.
- Responsible for washing and detailing of equipment.
- General clean-up of shop, yard, and machines.
- Assisting in preparation for special events as required.
- Understanding and actively participating in the Town’s Health and safety program. • Performs other related duties as required.
Closing Date: October 31, 2023.
Submit Applications to:
Mail to: Town of Bonnyville
C/o Human Resources 2023 – Shop Labourer
Bag 1006, 4917 49 Ave
Bonnyville, AB T9N 2J7
The Town of Bonnyville employment policy requires successful applicants to complete a pre-employment alcohol and Drug Testing.
Types of Physical Exertion:
Lifting weights exceeding 15 pounds and up to an approximate maximum of 50 pounds. Walking on uneven surfaces.
Stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
Climb stairs and ladders.
We would like to thank applicants who apply, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.