See how it’s done on the farm.
That’s the driving idea behind Alberta Open Farm Days which is taking place locally in the Lakeland region this weekend.
This year’s theme is the Year of the Bison. There are 472 farms in the province with bison and 44 per cent of the bison in Canada come from Alberta.
Here are the spots you can visit locally.
- Charlotte Lake Farms (east of Bonnyville)
- Providence Acres Flower Farm (Iron River)
- Rocky Meadows Country Get-away (north of Bonnyville)
- Wild Willows Haven (northeast of Bonnyville)
- E-Tree, The Tree Farm (east of Cold Lake)
- 350 Farms (near Ethel Lake)
- Bonnyville Farmer’s Market
- Musee St. Paul (Museum)
- Christy Creek Honey (south of Lac La Biche)
- Hay Lakes Bison Ranch (near Beaver Lake)
- Lac La Biche Ag Society
- Chatsworth Farm (Vermilion)
These farms are open for a visit Saturday and Sunday.
The map of local farms. Image: Alberta Farm Days, M.D. of Bonnyville.