Information about the upcoming election is available on the Elections page.Nominations for school board trustee opened on January 1, 2021 and will be accepted until noon on Monday, September 20, 2021 (“nomination day”).All candidates must submit a completed Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance to the Returning Officer. Completed forms can be submitted at the NLPS Division Office in Bonnyville (6005 – 50 Avenue) Monday through Thursday between 10:00 a.m. and noon and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 10:00 a.m. to noon.Complete Nomination Packages can be downloaded HERE. Printed packages will also be available for potential candidates to pick up at the NLPS Division Office in Bonnyville.
The Northern Lights Public Schools Board of Trustees consists of nine trustees from the following wards:
- Three trustees from Ward 1 – Bonnyville and Area
- Three trustees from Ward 2 – Cold Lake and Area
- One trustee from Ward 3 – Lac La Biche
- One trustee from Ward 4 – Lac La Biche – Plamondon
- One trustee from Ward 5 – Lac La Biche South
Not sure which ward you live in? Check out the Ward Boundaries page.