The RCMP is encouraging everyone in the Lakeland Region to chalk up your walks for Canada Day.
“Inviting all young and young at heart,” the RCMP stated. This Canada Day, we’re partnering with Canadian Heritage to celebrate virtually together. Join us as we decorate our communities from coast to coast to coast for Canada’s 154th birthday. Let’s brighten up our communities with our best chalk art to show our Canadian pride.”
Don’t have a space to do chalk art? You can draw on windows, chalkboards or whiteboards, or any other safe space.
Get your chalk on
- Grab your chalk
- Download and print the drawings from the RCMP page for inspiration
- Draw them on your driveway, on a sidewalk, at a park or a special place*
- Take a picture of your artwork
- Share your drawing with us
* A tip from Safety Bear: Children should be supervised. Pick a safe place away from road traffic.
Share your artwork
If you’d like the chance to have your artwork featured on the RCMP national social media accounts, email a photo of your chalk drawing to [email protected] by June 27, 2021, with your first name, location and age (optional).
“Don’t be shy! Include yourself in the picture if you want and give us permission to use it. Select photos will be shared on July 1 as part of our Canada Day celebrations,” the RCMP said. “We’re excited to see what you create! Happy Canada Day!”