Police in Elk Point need your help to apprehend a wanted male.
On May 27, Members from the RCMP’s Lakeland Crime Reduction Unit (LCRU) entered into a Possession of Property Obtained by Crime investigation at a rural property in the Elk Point RCMP Detachment area.
On June 3, LCRU Members, with assistance from RCMP in Elk Point, St. Paul Traffic Services, St. Paul Police Dog Services (PDS), Eastern Alberta District Crime Reduction Unit (EADCRU) and the Edmonton Alberta Law Enforcement Response Teams (ALERT), executed multiple Search Warrants at the rural property in the County of St. Paul. As a result, Police were able to locate and recover approximately $67,000 in stolen property. Police also located and recovered a pistol grip shotgun and three semi-automatic military style carbine rifles.
Jordan Hector Soloway, 34, of St. Paul County has been charged for the following Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 x4;
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000;
- Careless use of a firearm x4;
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x4;
- Possession of a weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x2;
- Mischief Over $5000;
- Tampering with a Vehicle Identification Number;
- Fail to comply with Probation Order;
- Possession of a Controlled Substance;
Efforts to locate Soloway were unsuccessful, as a result an arrest Warrant has been obtained. Police believe that Soloway is actively evading apprehension.
The RCMP did not provide a picture of Soloway.