One person has been charged after a fatal collision on a local highway in November 2020.
On Nov. 5, at approximately 7:40 a.m., Cold Lake RCMP responded to a report of a two-vehicle collision on Highway 28 and Range Road 624. A truck was travelling northbound on Highway 28 and a SUV was heading southbound when a head-on collision occurred, police said.
The 55-year-old driver of the SUV from Ardmore was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Cold Lake RCMP said on Tuesday that 21-year-old Coby Badger of Cold Lake is facing charges after their investigation.
Badger has been charged with the following:
- Impaired operation of a motor over 80mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood causing death
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle causing death
- Operate a motor vehicle without holding a subsisting operator’s license
- Operate uninsured motor vehicle on the highway
- Transporting liquor in open container
Badger will appear in Cold Lake Provincial Court on May 12, 2021.