Monday , 1 March 2021
Image credit: CDC

St. Paul Regional COVID-19 Update

The County of St. Paul, Town of St. Paul, Town of Elk Point and Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay will be providing residents with periodic updates on the actions the Regional Municipalities are taking to stay abreast of the COVID-19 or Coronavirus situation.

On Wednesday, March 18 a virtual Incident Management Team (IMT) was set up to ensure an ongoing, consistent flow of information between the County of St. Paul, Town of St. Paul, Town of Elk Point and Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay.  We are discussing what can be done now, and what may need to be done in the event of an outbreak of the COVID-19 or the Coronavirus in the St. Paul region.  As of today, the IMT holds meetings Monday to Friday.

Community Agencies   Staff of the IMT have contacted local agencies to determine whether they need any assistance or required any special needs, such as supplies.  Contacts have included St. Therese Health Centre, Elk Point Health Centre, St. Paul RCMP, Elk Point RCMP, Medavie EMS, and Public Health.  We will continue to be in touch with the agencies.

Seniors   Seniors in Extended Care facilities, Lodges, and Self-contained units are being informed about what needs to be done to ensure their health during the Coronavirus.  The IMT has provided additional information to the seniors, through the facility managers, about what the Coronavirus is, how to take care of themselves and information about a phone scam that is taking place.

Status Update   To date, there are no known presumptive or known cases of the Coronavirus in the St. Paul region.  If there were to be any reported cases in the area, the IMT would be provided with the number of cases only:  Elected Officials, the IMT Team and municipal employees are not provided with names of individuals.  The names of individuals are kept confidential.  Please contact Alberta Health Services or refer to their website for information about the number of presumptive or know cases. www.albertahealthservices.ca

Utilities and Services   The Regional Municipalities have determined that most services will operate as normal.  These services include road maintenance, water, wastewater, and waste management.

Payments to the Regional Municipalities  
Payments of utility bills may be made through on-line payments, to financial institutions, by mail, or deposited in drop boxes located at the front entrance to the Administration Buildings. Please do not mail cash or enclose cash through the drop boxes.


Fees and Penalties   County of St. Paul Council passed a motion cancelling penalties on utility accounts for three months as of the April 2020 billing cycle.

The Town of St. Paul Council passed a motion eliminating penalties on utilities and taxes during this time of limited access to the Town Office. The Town of St. Paul Council also approved the elimination of water cutoff for nonpayment until such time that the State of Public Health Emergency is removed.  This motion will be subject to reassessment in the future.

At the upcoming April 14 regularly scheduled meeting of the Town of Elk Point Council, discussion will be held on waiving penalty fees on utilities during the COVID-19 situation.

We are being Proactive.  We are here to help you. 

Elected Officials, CAOs and employees of the County of St. Paul, Town of St. Paul, Town of Elk Point, and Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay have your best interest at heart.

We would ask that residents check in on their neighbors by phone especially to seniors and individuals who are in self-isolation.  These individuals may not be able to get out to purchase essential goods.    We will all get through this.        

We are not closed for business.  All Administration and Public Works buildings are closed to public access.  Employees of the municipalities continue to work from their respective offices or from their homes to ensure that any questions or concerns you have are addressed.

Information that is relevant and important is being posted to or linked through the Regional Municipality Facebook pages.  Individuals, however, should refer to Alberta Health Services for the latest information on the COVID-19.

About Public Notices