An Edmonton man has been charged with 14 offenses after Bonnyville RCMP seized multiple items, including 130 grams of cocaine and weapons during the execution of a search warrant.
On Sept. 21, 2018 at approximately 10:00 a.m., Bonnyville General Investigation Section (GIS) with assistance from the Cold Lake RCMP GIS, and RCMP Police Dog Services (PDS) executed a search warrant at a rural property south of Bonnyville in relation to an ongoing drug trafficking investigation. One male was taken into custody.
Upon searching the residence, police seized approximately 130 grams of cocaine, marihuana, prescription pills, a loaded sawed off shotgun, two other firearms, bear spray, over $10,000 in Canadian currency.
Andres Luis Angel Soto-Sotomayer (20) of Edmonton, Alberta has been charged with 14 offences some of which include:
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of marihuana
- Possession of codeine
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of proceeds of crime
- Fail to Comply with the conditions of a Recognizance (X2)
- Fail to Comply with the conditions of a Probation Order (X2)
He was remanded into custody and will be appearing in Bonnyville Provincial Court on Sept. 25, 2018.
Bonnyville GIS continue to investigate.
If you have information about this incident, please call the Bonnyville RCMP at 780-343-7200 or call your local police. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS (check your local Crime Stopperswww.crimestoppers.ab.ca for instructions).