CHILD CARE PROVIDER
General Purpose of Position:
The Child Care Provider will be responsible for supervising, nurturing and caring for the children of the Saddle Lake Early Childhood Centre. Will also provide a fun, safe and educational environment by implementing a program for children typically between the ages of 3 months old to 5 years old.
Requirements – the interested applicant will have:
- Alberta provincial certification for Child Development Assistant, or Child Development Worker or Supervisor (formerly Level 1, 2, 3)
- First Aid in child care
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Responsibilities- the interested applicant will (but are not limited to):
- Plan activities to meet the SPICE (social, physical, intellectual, cognitive & emotional) needs of the children in the center
- Develop culturally appropriate material & activities to promote language/ literacy skills
- Keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Establish daily routines, transitions, and positive guidance procedures,
- Follow SLCN Policy & Procedures,
Aptitude – the interested applicant will have:
- Empathy and respect for colleagues, families and children
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude, and persistence
- Great communication skills, including well developed listening skills and the ability to advocate effectively
- Initiative to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Willingness to play and have
Interested applicants will submit resume and documents directly to:
Attn: Human Resource Coordinator Email: email@example.com Or
Attn: SLECC Program Manager Email. Terri.firstname.lastname@example.org
Resume and full submission of all required documents (Cover letter, References, Criminal Record Check, Child Welfare Check) will be accepted until May 29th, 2023 at close of business day.
ONLY those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Refer to the full Job Description for more information or contact the office of Saddle Lake Education Authority at 780-726-7609 or Saddle Lake Early Childhood Centre at 780-726-2885.
Job Posting Date: May 15th, 2023
Deadline Date: May 29th, 2023
Start Date: As Soon As Possible