Essential government services are available 24-7 to help anyone who needs support during the holidays.
While the holiday season can be a joyous time of year, for many people it may bring additional pressures and challenges.
“It’s important Albertans know help is always available and you are not alone,” Jason Luan, Minister of Community and Social Services said. “During the holidays, resources to support the health, safety and security of Albertans will continue to be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.”
- Dec. 22: January 2021 Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped and Income Support benefit payments will be deposited/issued.
- Dec. 24: Alberta Supports Contact Centre closes for the holidays.
- Jan. 4: Alberta Supports Contact Centre reopens.
Important phone numbers
If you require emergency supports to meet basic needs, income support is available 24-7.
- Income Support Contact Centre: 1-866-644-5135
For anyone facing family violence, bullying or abuse, the following resources are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, in more than 170 languages:
- Family Violence Info Line: 310-1818
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437)
- Bullying Helpline: 1-888-456-2323
Help is also available 24-7 for anyone dealing with mental health challenges.
- Mental Health Help Line: 1-877-303-2642