Local community groups, clubs and non-profits now have an outlet to publicize their events and be seen by thousands of unique online viewers every month. Residents are invited to post their events to the City’s new Community Calendar at www.coldlake.com.
“Previous versions of the website only allowed us to post City-related events and programs; there was no streamlined, centralized platform for residents to get the word out about their community events, fundraisers, meetings, and other information that is important to the public,” said Chief Administrative Officer Kevin Nagoya. “This new calendar tool allows us to publicize not only City of Cold Lake events and programming, but also non-City sponsored events and information that is of interest to the community.”
To post to the Community Calendar, residents must first register for an account by logging onto www.coldlake.com/calendar. Once registered, users can post events up to three months in advance. Calendar submissions may include (but are not limited to):
- Charity events/fundraisers
- Club meetings
- Musical concerts and recitals
- Plays and theatre performances
- Educational workshops/seminars (non-profit)
- Networking events
- Conferences and tradeshows
In addition, calendar submissions must:
- Promote an event or organization located in Cold Lake or the surrounding area.
- Be submitted no less than 5 business days prior to the date of the event to ensure time for review and posting.
- Not advertise goods or services for sale by a for-profit business.
- Not promote individual or family events (garage sale, birthday party, anniversary, etc.)
- Not promote protests, rallies or any political causes.
- Not promote violence or any type of illegal behaviour.
- Not contain profanity/offensive language or hate speech of any kind. Submissions containing profanity or hate speech will be deleted immediately.
Community Calendar postings are designed to announce one-time or special events/programs, not regularly-scheduled activities. Before being visible to the public, all submitted events will first be reviewed by the City to ensure they meet the requirements and guidelines for inclusion in the Community Calendar.
The City of Cold Lake says it reserves the right to:
- Edit submissions for spelling/grammar, length, language and clarity.
- Limit the number of postings from any one organization or group.
- Reject any posting when deemed to be offensive, inappropriate, not in the public interest or in conflict with the guidelines listed above.