Remembrance Day Ceremonies will take place on November 11 all over the Lakeland Region. Here is a list of the planned events.
- Town of Bonnyville: This year, the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 183 in Bonnyville is inviting you to an outdoor event which has been planned to honour our veterans. The outdoor event will start on November 11, at 10:45 a.m., at the Legion Hall located on 5112-52 Ave. in Bonnyville.
- The Town of Elk Point: There will be a outdoor event taking place on Nov. 11, at the Elk Point Seniors Centre. The march past will occur at 10:30 a.m. with a ceremony to follow. The ceremony is open for all to lay a wreath for a donation. Proceeds will go to the local legion for support programs for Veterans and their families, you can make cheques payable to the Canadian Legion if you wish to donate.
- The Town of Vermilion: Ceremony will start at 10:55 a.m. at the Cenotaph on 49th Avenue next to the Town Hall on November 11.
- The Town of St. Paul: Starting at 10:30 a.m., on Nov. 11, there will be a event held from the Legion to the Cenotaph. Everyone is welcomed to watch the laying of wreaths at the cenotaph and should you want, you could participate in the march.
- Lac La Biche: The Lac La Biche Remembrance Day ceremony put on by the Lac La Biche Legion will be held at the cenotaph outside the Legion building on November 11.