With identical records through the first month of action, St. Paul and Wainwright are 7-2 while six teams in the North Eastern Alberta Junior B Hockey League are separated by just six points.
The St. Paul Jr. Canadiens are tied for 1st in the NEAJBHL with the Wainwright Bisons after the dust settles in another week of Junior B hockey action.
St. Paul beat the Cold Lake Ice 3-0 and the Killam Wheat Kings 3-1 on home ice this weekend to secure a 7-2 record. Captain Janson Pashniak scored a natural hat-trick in the Saturday game for the victory, now totalling 10 points in 9 games.
The Ice have dropped their last 4 games, edged out by the Lac La Biche Clippers 4-3 in the shootout on Sunday despite a late comeback effort. Goals from Christian Foisy and Ethan Peake midway through the 3rd period salvaged a point from the game for Cold Lake who’s record sits at 5-5-1.
The Clippers won 2 out of 3 outings this weekend, shellacking the Lloyd Bandits 10-6 to sit with 8 points in the standings. Peter Willier and Brenan Rosychuk each scored hat-tricks and Brant Rosychuk had five points in a game full of goals and penalties.
Their lone loss of the weekend was to the Vermilion Tigers who got the best of them with a 6-2 victory for their 3rd win of the year.
The Tigers then lost 2-1 in a tight affair with the Wainwright Bisons on Saturday.
- Thursday, November 4 | Vermilion Tigers at Lloyd Bobcats 8:00PM
- Friday, November 5 | St. Paul Canadiens at Cold Lake Ice 8:00PM
- Friday, November 5 | Vermilion Tigers at Killam Wheat Kings 8:00PM
- Saturday, November 6 | Wainwright Bisons at St. Paul Canadiens 7:30PM
- Saturday, November 6 | Killam Wheat Kings at Cold Lake Ice 7:30PM
- Sunday, November 7 | Vermilion Tigers at Lac La Biche Clippers 4:00PM