The City is now accepting proposals from local business operators intent on entering into a multi-year lease agreement to occupy and run the food and drink concession facility at Kinosoo Beach.
The tenancy will begin no later than May 1, 2021, following the city’s selection of a suitable tenant-operator.
“We all know how popular the beach is for families and tourists on hot summer days and how much demand there is for food and beverage options,” said Mayor Craig Copeland in a press release.
“It’s important that we find an operator who can meet that demand, not only in the summer but also in the busy seasons.”
Proposals will be evaluated on their individual merit and overall benefit to the City of Cold Lake. Criteria includes:
- History of service delivery.
- Technical qualifications.
- Personal and professional references with contact information.
- Proposed organizational structure and staffing requirements.
- Proposed hours of operation.
- Proposed detailed menu including healthy food options.
- Evidence of financial status, current financial commitments, and ability to fulfill the monthly lease payment obligations.
In addition, the successful applicant will be required to provide:
- Proof of necessary food service and food handling permits and certifications in relation to Alberta’s Public Health Act.
- 3-5 years of financial statements to ensure financial surety.
- Certificate of Commercial General Liability insurance coverage of $5 million.
The initial lease agreement will be for a three-year term, with the option to renew for an additional two years.
The agreement includes the furnishing of some equipment necessary to operate the service including the grill/stovetop, deep dryer, refrigerator, and chest freezers.
The city says prospective tenant-operators should be familiar with the use and maintenance of this equipment and be willing to train staff members.
In addition to operating the concession, the successful applicant will be responsible for the daily cleaning, restocking and locking/unlocking of the public restroom/shower facilities attached to the concession complex.
A complete list of the specifications and requirements of this request for proposals is available on the city’s website.
The city will accept proposals until 2:00pm on Wednesday, March 24.