Two people are facing charges after a police pursuit saw “several” attempts to ram into an RCMP cruiser, Bonnyville RCMP said on Friday.
The incident happened on Thursday, Feb. 11 at around 5:30pm.
An RCMP member travelling through the Lac La Biche area reported an erratic driver who was displaying signs of impaired driving, said police.
Bonnyville members attended and located the suspect vehicle after heading west on Highway 55.
RCMP said after a “lengthy pursuit” where the suspects attempted “several times” to ram police vehicles, members were able to arrest the suspects.
One police vehicle was rammed by the suspect and the vehicle was significantly damaged, however, the members in the vehicle were unharmed, police said.
Both of the suspects were arrested after they drove off the road, through a rancher’s fence in the Goodridge area and fled on foot.
Police Dog Services tracked the suspects until they surrendered to police.
Demien Rosenkranz, 27, and Justice Mountain, 25, both of Lac La Biche faces several charges.
- Assault on Police Officer with Weapon/Causing Bodily Harm
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle
- Operation while impaired (drugs) of motor vehicle
- Flight from peace officer
- Resists/obstruct peace officer
- Mischief under $5,000 – Damage to property
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Fail to comply with release order condition (x2)
Both suspects are in custody awaiting Judicial Interim Hearings, police said on Friday.