Almost 550 grams of meth, cocaine, and fentanyl was seized in a drug bust conducted earlier this week by RCMP.
The investigation between the St. Paul RCMP and Eastern Alberta District Rural Crime Reduction Unit saw a search warrant executed at a residence in Saddle Lake on Tuesday, where a significant quantity of drugs and cash were seized.
RCMP said there was a short standoff with the male suspect who would not exit the house.
RCMP Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Police Dog Services (PDS) helped arrest the male inside.
The search resulted in the seizure of:
- Approximately 230 grams of methamphetamine, 270 grams of cocaine, 37 grams of fentanyl
- $47,700 in cash
- Three firearms
“The execution of this search warrant, seizure of drugs, money and firearms was a success,” says Sgt. David Graham, St. Paul Detachment Commander.
“All precautions were taken for the safety of the community and our officers.”
Robert Faron Favel (39) was charged with multiple offences, including:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking (x3)
- Possession of a weapon contrary to an order (x10)
- Possession of proceeds of crime over $5000
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (X3)
- Possession of a weapon obtained by crime
- Careless use of a firearm
- Resisting a peace officer
He was remanded into custody after a judicial hearing and will be appearing in St. Paul Provincial Court on Sept. 24, 2020.