Due to the ongoing restrictions regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, the St. Paul Fire Department regrets to announce the cancellation of its Open House that was scheduled for Saturday, October 3, as part of Fire Prevention Week.
This year’s Fire Prevention Week campaign was slated to be “Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen”, what was meant to educate about the simple but important actions people can take to stay safe in the kitchen.
Cooking remains the number one cause of home fires and home fire injuries, and unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen.
“Fire Safety Education isn’t just for school children — we are all at risk, and it’s important that every member of the community makes sure they understand how to stay safe in case of a fire,” the Fire Department said in a release.
For more information regarding kitchen fire safety and other fire safety measures, contact St. Paul Fire Services at 780-645-4100.