SADDLE LAKE CREE NATION PUBLIC NOTICE
FROM THE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT TASK FORCE STATE OF EMERGENCY – TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS PURPOSE
- To protect our First Nations people from COVID-19 entering our boundaries.
- To ensure our people are following safety precautions.
- To protect our most vulnerable; Elders and children and our Nations people with current medical conditions.
- To keep all our First Nations people safe.
- Help track and monitor COVID-19 infected.
- No non-essential travel – visiting on & off reserve, going for fast food, going out to socialize, etc.
- Essential Travel Only – groceries, work, prescriptions, medical appointments, etc.
- Please do not take your children out for shopping.
- NOTE: The only people travelling within Saddle Lake should be our own residents and people providing essential services to Saddle Lake.
- Outside visitors/non residents will not be permitted entry.
- Edmonton is a hot spot for the virus, if you choose to go to Edmonton or any other hotspot, you will be asked to self- isolate for 10 days. A monitoring system is in place to ensure that you are complying.
SECURITY AND CHECK POINTS
- 5 major Check Points have been established with security personnel. They have been oriented and informed of safety precautions. They will be taking temperatures and doing a short assessment with all travelers passing through the check point.
- They will be logging all activity and movement.
- All other entry ways to Saddle Lake are blocked and monitored by both the floating security personnel and the RCMP.
- The Check Point is not only to monitor but also to help track our people’s movement and to urge our people to stay home.
- If you have any flu or cold like symptoms, you will be asked to return home and self-isolate, contact the Health Centre @(780) 726 – 3930 and to self-monitor your symptoms.
YOU CAN HELP TOO
The best prevention is staying home and not allowing visitors in your home.
Teach everyone in your household safety precautions, washing hands regularly, sneezing into elbows and sanitizing surfaces. Avoid touching your face.
We know this is difficult, it is difficult for all of us, we are a very social people; call, text, or skype instead.
Regularly check on your Elders but do not expose them by entering their homes.
Visit from outside or call them regularly and update them.
If you know others; family and friends who are not connected with internet or do not have face book, please help by calling and updating them regularly.
Do not pick up hitch hikers, or provide rides for hire, you are putting yourself and your family at risk.
HIY, HIY May Creator protect us all.