On October 10, 2019 at approximately 1:00 a.m., Cold Lake RCMP were patrolling and observed a vehicle which looked to be unfit for being on Alberta Highways. On preliminary investigation, the police officer discovered the driver of the vehicle was breaching conditions of a court order.
The officer searched the vehicle after an arrest was made without incident and seized Crystal Methamphetamine, various drug paraphernalia, weapons, and a large sum of cash.
Sheldon Troy Bienvenu (40) is charged with the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Failure to comply by being in possession of illegal drugs x 2
- Failure to comply by keeping the peace and be of good behaviour x 2
- Failure to comply with curfew
- Failure to comply by being in possession of a weapon
Bienvenu is scheduled to appear in Cold Lake Provincial Court on November 20, 2019. This matter is now before the courts and no further updates will be provided.
This is a prime example as to why routine patrols and traffic stops are conducted by the RCMP. Those that traffic in illicit drugs destroy lives, homes, and communities. The RCMP remains fully committed in building “safe communities” and enforcing laws to their fullest extent, in order to achieve this goal. Members of the public who suspect drug activity in their community are encouraged to contact their local RCMP detachment.