On Oct. 27th, 2019 while attending a local business in St. Paul RCMP members arrested an intoxicated male and located a firearm and drugs on him.
As RCMP members were dealing with another matter outside the business a staff member approached them advising them of a passed out male inside. Members entered the business and located the male who was intoxicated and who’s face was partially covered by a bandana. The male was arrested and during a search a loaded sawed off shotgun, ammunition and a small amount of methamphetamine was located in his possession.
Tyrell Moocheweines, 18, of Frog Lake AB was charged with the following;
- possession of a controlled substance
unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- carrying a concealed weapon
- unsafe storage of a firearm
- possession of a prohibited firearm with ammo without licence/registration
- possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose
- possession of a prohibited firearm when knowing possession unauthorized
Moocheweines was taken before a justice of the peace and held in custody with the matter being adjourned until Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:30 am in St. Paul Provincial Court.
Sgt. Graham of the St. Paul RCMP advised “we appreciated being alerted to the male’s presence by the staff member as his arrest has lead to one less illegal firearm on the street which is certainly a win in this case”