Two men have been charged following an execution of a search warrant by the St. Paul RCMP.
On May 10, 2019, Saddle Lake Crime Reduction Unit along with Saddle Lake RCMP executed a Search Warrant at a residence in Saddle Lake Cree Nation. In relation to the search warrant they recovered a stolen Chevrolet Tahoe, stolen licence plate, pump-action shotgun, 64 rounds of various calibers of ammunition, and multiple edged weapons.
Two males have been arrested and were charged in relation to the search warrant.
Conrad Francis Whiskeyjack and Cody Makokis, both of Saddle Lake Cree Nation, Alberta were charged with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon or restricted weapon
- Unsafe storage of firearms
- Possession of firearm with tampered serial number
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
Along with several other Criminal Code charges.
Whiskeyjack was remanded into custody after a judicial hearing and will be appearing in St. Paul Provincial court on May 23, 2019.
Makokis was granted a $3,000 No Cash Recognizance to appear in St Paul Provincial Court on May 30, 2019.