Image: The U8 Blizzards practicing
The Cold Lake Blizzards ski team brought home some hardware, after competing in Sunridge over the weekend.
The team, which trains out of Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort, sent seven racers to the North Zone Nancy Greene Race Series. The event, held on January 20th, consisted of Boys and Girls Parallel dual-slalom single-run timed races and a dual-slalom team event.
Two-hundred and twenty Nancy Greene racers, ages 6 to 12, took to the hill. The Blizzard’s ended the weekend with many personal accomplishments and a second place finish in the team event.
Cold Lake Blizzards Ski Team highlights:
- Annabelle Iverson earned two bronze medals in the 8-year-old girl races.
- Eva Schafer earned a gold and silver medal in the 10-year-old girl races.
- Dylan Dechaine earned a 6th and 4th place finish in the 9-year-old boy races.
- Cruz Harris earned a 7th and 4th place finish in the 10-year-old boy races.
- Michael Levesque earned two 8th place finishes in the 10-year-old boy races.
The day prior to the event, Zoe Schafer and Azusa Bando raced at the Sunridge North Zone Regional Series.
Another Cold Lake Blizzards racer, Chiara Harris, had top 20 and top 15 finishes at the U14 Provincial Race Series in Jasper over the weekend, as well.
The Blizzards would like to invite everyone to come cheer on the club on February 9th & 10th for the Kinosoo Ridge Blizzard Blast. The two-day sanctioned Alberta Alpine Ski Association competition for the North Zone will be taking place at Kinosoo Ridge Snow Resort.
The 4th Annual Kinosoo Ridge Blizzard Blast is hosted by the Cold Lake Alpine Ski Society.