Two Cold Lake women have been charged with drug and trafficking offenses after RCMP conducted a search warrant on a residence in Elizabeth Metis Settlement.
On Sept. 25, 2018, the Eastern Alberta District Rural Crime Reduction Unit (EADRCRU) along with Elk Point RCMP were in the Frog Lake and Fishing Lake area in an effort to locate a male wanted on outstanding warrants. The investigation took them into the Elizabeth Lake Metis Settlement after information was received that the male had been observed at a residence in the area.
Police arrived at the residence and further investigation resulted in all occupants being arrested. A search warrant was executed with the assistance of the Cold Lake General Investigation Section (GIS) and the Cold Lake RCMP Detachment. Several prohibited weapons, firearms, drugs, and stolen property were located and seized.
Loretta Jacknife (44) of Cold Lake has been charged with:
- Careless use of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm with a tampered serial number
- Fail to comply with conditions of an undertaking
- Possession of stolen property for the purpose of trafficking under $5000
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
She was released after a judicial hearing and will be appearing in Cold Lake Provincial Court on Oct. 24, 2018.
Brenda Jacknife (32) of Cold Lake has been charged with:
- Obstructing a peace officer
- Fail to comply with a probation order
At the time of her arrest Brenda Jacknife was also wanted on a outstanding warrant. She was released after a judicial hearing and will be appearing in Cold Lake Provincial Court on Oct. 17, 2018.
No other individuals from the residence were charged in relation to this incident and the wanted male was arrested several days later.