Due to a cured grass fire hazard, a Fire Advisory is in place for the Municipal District of Bonnyville including the Forest Protection Area of the Lac la Biche Forest Area starting at 1700 hrs, May 7, 2018.
No new fire permits will be issued for all non-essential burning. Previous burning sites should be checked for extinguishment. Caution should be exercised during windy conditions. Small, safe, cooking and warming (campfires) are allowed.
- The use of incendiary targets and the discharge of fireworks are restricted.
- Fire permits issued prior to 1700 hrs May 7, 2018
- Warming fires in campgrounds and fire pits meeting the requirements of MD of Bonnyville Bylaw #1522
- Burn barrels meeting the requirements of MD of Bonnyville Bylaw #1522
- Gas or propane stoves/barbeques and portable propane fire pits that are CSA approved and UL certified
- Briquette BBQs
- Catalytic or infrared style heaters
For further information, please contact the Bonnyville Regional Fire Authority at 780-826-4755. MD residents are advised to monitor www.albertafirebans.ca for more information.
This Fire Advisory will remain in effect until further notice