On April 19, 2018, the Bonnyville GIS (General Investigative Section), with the assistance of the Bonnyville RCMP General Duty and Cold Lake GIS, arrested 31-year-old Dakota Masson for multiple drug trafficking and firearm offences which include:
- Trafficking – cocaine
- Careless use of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a restricted firearm
- Trafficking in property obtained by crime
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon contrary to an order (x3)
Through the investigation police seized what is believed to be cocaine and additional items indicative of drug trafficking as well as .45 calibre automatic handgun with ammunition inside his vehicle within easy access.
Dakota Masson was on parole at the time of his arrest and was remanded back into custody and will be appearing in Bonnyville Provincial Court on May 1, 2018.