1 COUNCILLOR POSITION
Nomination Day is Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
- Nomination Packages can be picked up from the Elk Point Town Office, 4914 – 50 Avenue)
The next general Municipal Election is Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Registration of Candidates
Individuals who intend to receive donations for their campaign must file an Application for Registration of Notice of Intent to become a Candidate for Municipal Office with the Returning Officer prior to accepting donations. Individuals intending to self-fund their campaign are not required to file a notice of intent, in accordance with the Local Authorities Election Act, Section 147.21.
Nomination Eligibility – You are eligible for nomination if you meet ALL the following criteria:
- You are eligible to vote in this election
- You are a resident of Elk Point for 6 consecutive months immediately preceding Nomination Day
- You are not otherwise ineligible or disqualified
- See Section 22 of the Local Authorities Election Act for Ineligibility of Candidates.
Voter Eligibility – You are eligible to vote if you meet ALL of the following criteria
- You are 18 years of age or over
- You are a Canadian citizen
- You have lived in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding Election Day (since April 16, 2017)
- You are a resident of Elk Point
- You have acceptable voter identification
- You have not voted in this election before
- You sign a declaration that you meet these qualifications
For more information contact the Town of Elk Point at 780.724.3810.