The Cold Lake Blizzards Alpine Ski Racing Team continues to tear up the hills with impressive showings at ski hills across Alberta. The Blizzards were recently at Snow Valley, Rabbit Hill, and Nakiska were many members had medal races.
Snow Valley Ski Race, Sunday, March 11, consisted of Boys and Girls Dual Slalom with Paneled gates 2 single run timed races and a 2 run head to head flagged team race.
Cruz Harris placed 6th and 10th in his individual races, and with teammates Michael Levesque and Dylan Dechaine, the boys won the team event.
Rabbit Hill Lauberhorn race took place this weekend with 4 to 7 year olds racing on Saturday and 8 to 11 year olds racing on Sunday.
Saturday, March 17th, four Cold Lake racers competed in two modified GS runs on River Run:
- Annabelle Iverson, had a 6th place finish in the 7 year old girl race.
- Sophie Iverson had two 4th place finishes in the 5 year old girl races.
- Highlight: Benjamin Levesque was the fastest Blizzard on the speed gun with a speed of 42 km/h.
On Sunday, March 18th, seven Blizzard racers took part in a single run modified GS on River Run and two Paneled Slalom runs on Avalanche.
- Reighynn Pawlowski (pictured below) earned two bronze medals in the 8 year old girl races, one in the Modified GS and the other in the second slalom race.
- Eva Schafer earned bronze medals in both slalom races.
- Dylan Dechaine (pictured below) had a 9th place finish in the 8 year old boy second slalom race.
- Cruz Harris with Michael Levesque, had an 8th place finish in the 9 year old boy Modified GS race, and a 5th place finish is the first slalom race.
- Michael Levesque had a 7th place finish in the first 9 year old boy slalom race and an 8th place finish in the second slalom race.
- Claire Levesque had a 9th place finish in the first 11 year old girl slalom race.
Alberta Alpine U14 Provincial Series, at Nakiska, saw Nathan Sylvestre earn 5th and 6th place ribbons in Super G races over the weekend of March 17th and 18th.