On Dec. 7, 2017 at approximately 9:00 p.m., Cold Lake and Bonnyville RCMP with assistance of ALERT, executed five search warrants for unrelated investigations, on four separate residences and other locations in Cold Lake.
Police arrested several people during the execution of the warrants inside residences and during traffic stops and 72 charges were laid.
In total RCMP seized:
- 5 ounces of cocaine;
- 3 ounces of methamphetamine;
- 1/2 pound of marijuana;
- 3.2 ounces of psilocybin (mushrooms);
- 12 firearms;
- Crossbow, brass knuckles; and
- Trafficking paraphernalia, money and multiple stolen items including a motorbike.
The following people were charged with various Criminal Code offences:
- Dawn Jenny Janvier, a 39-year-old from Cold Lake (9 charges)
- Mitchel James Lapratt, a 33-year-old from Cold Lake (13 charges)
- Danielle Wilkins, a 30-year-old from Cold Lake (22 charges)
- Nicholas Stovell, a 37-year-old from Cold Lake (28 charges)
The accused will be appearing in Cold Lake Provincial court today.
The searches conducted are part of a larger crime reduction strategy that focuses on identifying prolific offenders and conducting targeted, intelligence-led investigations.
“Collaboration and partnerships lead to successful arrests,” says Staff Sergeant Jeremie Landry, Cold Lake RCMP Detachment Commander. “Every seizure of drugs and firearms play a part in making our communities safer.”
As this matter is now before the courts no further information will be provided.