The Saddle Lake Education Authority is seeking a 1.0 FTE Sr. High Math Teacher commencing August 22, 2022. This position will also include instruction in Computer Technology and Drama. The position will be located at the Kihew Asiniy Education Center in Saddle Lake Cree Nation located 175 km northeast of Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Have successful training and experience in Sr. high Math and Computer Technology at the Sr. high school level
- Be committed to student-centered learning with effective implementation of differentiated learning strategies
- Be collaborative and committed to building relationships with students, parents, staff
- Be knowledgeable of trauma compassionate-responsive school’s best-practices
- Understand and correctly use formative/summative assessment
- Be well versed with technological strategies to enhance learning and engage learners
- Have knowledge of the Indigenous narrative, cross-cultural education
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities
If you are a positive, energetic individual possessing an Alberta Teaching certificate and have proven successful Mathematics experience in secondary education, please contact Debra Cardinal, Superintendent of Schools @ (780)726-7609.
Qualified teachers wishing to be considered for an interview are invited to send your covering letter, complete resume and confirmed references, to [email protected] and/or Russell Hunter, Assistant Superintendent of Schools at [email protected], Resume, cover letter and supporting documents will be accepted until the position is filled.
In accordance with Saddle Lake Education Authority Board Policy, the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check and Intervention Record Check.