The Town of Elk Point is seeking a self-motivated dynamic, community minded individual to play an essential role in providing confidential administrative and clerical support to the Chief Administrative Officer to facilitate the effective and efficient operations of the municipality.
It is also the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to ensure a constant awareness and service orientation to the customers, both internal and external, while ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation, policy and procedure.
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in the field of business, administration or law;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Ability to obtain Commissioner of Oaths in and for the Province of Alberta;
- Ability to demonstrate advance computer skills with Word and Excel;
- Local Government Certification or Completion of Local Government courses an asset;
- Experience in electronic agenda packages;
- Municipal experience is a definite asset.
- Shall be required to adhere to processes and policies in support of municipal goals and legislative requirements.
- Shall be required to provide confidential administrative support and ensure resources are provided to make effective decisions.
- Shall be required to research, draft, review and complete reports, agendas, documentation, minutes and letters.
- May be required to schedule, coordinate, and make travel, meeting, and event arrangements as required.
- May be required to attend meetings and events, during and after regular scheduled hours.
- May be required to assist with operating and capital budget processes.
- Shall keep Town website, Facebook and Instagram up to date and operational.
- Shall be required to maintain the records management systems and ensure the protection and security of files and records.
- May be required to coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas.
- Ability to work effectively with Council, public, management and staff.
- Other duties outlined in Job Description.
This posting will remain open until 12:00 pm (NOON) on April 30, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
April 30, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how your qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies along with three (3) work related references. Please check out our website at https://www.elkpoint.ca/careers/ for detailed Job Description. Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to [email protected] referencing “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your covering letter and resume marked “Confidential” via:
Mail or Courier: Town of Elk Point
PO Box 448
Elk Point, Alberta
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.