Job Title: Executive Director
Organization: Northeast Alberta Information HUB (Alberta HUB) St. Paul, Alberta
The Northeast Alberta Information HUB (Alberta HUB) is the regional economic development alliance of Northeast Alberta. Incorporated as a not-for-profit in April 2000.
The Alberta HUB is a partnership of communities, post-secondary educational institutions, and business/industry in Northeastern Alberta meant to enhance the quality of life and economic interests of the region. www.albertahub.com
The Executive Director will be an experienced, dynamic, innovative, and motivated individual with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Provide expert leadership in the development, operations, and management of Alberta HUB.
• Provide mentoring and information on leading practices in economic development to regional and local economic development officers, communities, and organizations.
• Provide timely, accurate and up-to-date information regarding industry development, funding opportunities, and business/entrepreneurship support information.
• Professional marketing skills including direct client development and presentations.
• A dynamic, self-driven individual with a passion for developing economic opportunities in the Alberta HUB region.
• Economic development or business development experience in the private sector.
• The ability to engage with the business community and regional stakeholders to develop/promote the economic development initiative. Familiarity with the local/regional business and industry environment considered a key asset.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and proficiency with MS Office.
• A degree or certificate in a discipline related to economic development, investment attraction, business, marketing, business administration, economic development or land planning will be considered an asset. A suitable combination of related coursework and experience will be considered as equivalent.
• An understanding of Municipal Governance and operations
• A good understanding of Provincial and Federal Government Ministries and operations
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and access to a personal vehicle for business use is required.
• A home office environment with suitable space for video calls is required.
• Some meetings and work outside of regular office hours, and/or regional travel in the evenings and weekends will be required.
• Provide leadership in bringing municipalities together in building a regional vision for economic development.
• Adhere to Alberta HUB policy and procedures.
• Develop, manage, and report on performance metrics.
• Prepare and execute internal and external marketing plans.
• Oversee project management of consultant contracts.
• Prepare and execute membership recruitment and retention programs.
• Prepare yearly operation plans and corresponding budgets.
• Develop strong relationships with economic development related organizations and agencies locally, regionally, provincially, and federally.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by 5pm February 19, 2021 to: Northeast Alberta Information HUB (Alberta HUB)
5015 – 49 ave St. Paul, Alberta T0A 3A4
Via email: Steve Upham
Chair Northeast Alberta Information HUB (Alberta HUB) [email protected]
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.