The Town of Elk Point is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to fill a vacancy for the Manager of Finance position.
Reporting directly to the Town Manager (CAO), the Manager of Finance is a member of the Senior Management Team. The primary focus of the Manager of Finance is the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for all financial management, control and reporting, including overseeing the accounting functions, conducting forecast analysis, monitoring corporate credit and oversight of finance staff. Additional responsibilities include oversight of the human resources, payroll, and benefits functions, and acting as the Town’s FOIP Coordinator. The Town relies on this role to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation. The Manager of Finance will play a key role in short and long term strategic decision making.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Bachelor Degree in Finance or Business Administration with major in
- An accounting designation (C.A., C.M.A, and C.G.A) or working towards it, is considered an
- A combination of education/training in municipal administration/finance and experience may be
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a senior management level in financial accounting and reporting field of a municipality or government
- Minimum 3 years of supervising
- A thorough understanding of the financial and budgeting
- Successful experience in implementing short and long-term Capital
- Experience with computerized finance systems such as Muniware would be an
- Successful experience with financial reporting, budgets, internal controls, business planning and asset
- An ability to work effectively with elected officials, community leaders, boards and committees and
- Experience leading an Administrative support team, managing resources, developing training plans, mentoring and
Knowledge and Skills:
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation
- Demonstrates attention to detail and performing work with
- Solid understanding of municipal financial processes and
- Records and monitors
- Knowledge of information technology systems and controls, developing and implementing policies and
- Knowledge of Human Resources, payroll and benefits administration, and applicable legislation.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to the
- Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (M.G.A.) and other relevant Alberta
For a complete Job Description please visit the Town’s website at:
Application deadline: Until a suitable candidate is chosen.
The Town of Elk Point offers a competitive salary with an attractive benefit package including a Defined Pension Plan (LAPP), Health Spending Account and a team work environment that supports a work life balance. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter, available start date, and 3 work related references. A criminal record check will be required by the successful candidate as per Town Policy to:
Town of Elk Point PO Box 448
4914 – 50 Avenue Elk Point, Alberta T0A 1A0
ATTN: Human Resources Email: [email protected] Phone: 780-724-3810
Thank you for your application. All applications will be kept in strict confidence. Please note that only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.