On Mar. 2, 2020, members of the St Paul RCMP and Eastern Alberta District Rural Crime Reduction Unit (EADRCRU) became involved in an investigation in Saddle Lake which resulted in a search warrant being executed and stolen property and firearms being seized.
That afternoon, RCMP members observed a stolen truck that had been involved in other crimes parked behind a residence in Saddle Lake. RCMP members entered the residence to search for a wanted male and located several individuals in possession of stolen firearms. Three people were arrested. RCMP members obtained a search warrant for the residence and found further firearms.
Bronson Hunter (26), Bryan Sparklingeyes (30) and Alora Whitford (22) were charged with several offences, including:
- Careless use of a firearm (X4)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (X4)
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized (X4)
- Possession of a weapon obtained by crime (X4)
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
All were released by a Justice of the Peace following a Judicial Interim Release hearing on Release Orders and are scheduled to appear in court in St Paul on March 19, 2020.