The Town of Bonnyville is seeking an individual to work within a team-oriented organization to undertake the role of Pool Supervisor. This is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Director of Recreation or their designate, as indicated.
The position of Pool Supervisor will be responsible for all aspects of the Swimming Pool including but not exclusive to enforcement of all rules and regulations governing the use of the pool. The incumbent will be required to complete all necessary paperwork to ensure the pool complies with all safety, health, provincial and federal regulations.
The Pool Supervisor is responsible for staff scheduling including but not limited to scheduling in-service training periods, staff meetings, courses, and days off for staff. The incumbent will be responsible for the assignment and conduct of all pool staff.
The Pool Supervisor must have a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an aquatic setting. The incumbent will be required to schedule staff, create aquatic schedules, and maintain records relating to the pool including programing, training, and operational records.
The Pool Supervisor is required to establish and maintain positive community relations. The incumbent must possess good customer service skills and work well with others. The Pool Supervisor must be available to work weekends and any overtime, as required.
The Pool Supervisor in coordination with the Corporate Health and Safety Manager will ensure that all rescue equipment is operational and maintained properly, that all Material Safety Data Sheets are up to date, that all personnel are trained in WHMIS and any other applicable safety courses. As a member of the safety team the Pool Supervisor will be responsible to ensure that the Swimming Pool Facility as a whole is maintained in a safe manner.
The Pool Supervisor must have the following qualifications:
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and AED
- Pool Operator Level 1
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an aquatics setting and 18 years of age or older
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Training
Must be willing to obtain within the first 6 months:
- Pool Operator Level 2
- Aquatic Safety Management and Aquatic Safety Inspector ( considered an asset)
Must have working knowledge and experience:
- Aquatics and Aquatics Facility management
- Solid understanding of LSS structure and organization
- Exceptional Leadership skills
- Public relations experience
- Liaison with other community organizations
- Designing and implementation of Aquatic programs
- Must be a TEAM player
- Shall work in conjunction with the Recreation Director I filling the positions of Senior and Junior Lifeguards, Fitness Instructors and
- Ensure the scheduling of staff during the facility’s operational
- Establish aquatics program in consultation with the Recreation Director. These include training courses, swimming lessons and special
- Program in-service training for pool staff at the start of and throughout the season as well as holding regular staff meetings throughout the season, every month to six
- Maintain records relating to program, pool operation and materials required for general pool maintenance.
- Responsible for the assignment and conduct of the instructional, lifeguard and cashier
- Establish and maintain good community relations and ensure that the staff do
- Maintain all rescue equipment in a usable
- Evaluate all pool staff and have pool staff evaluate (with guaranteed confidentiality) once a year and submit the evaluations to the Recreation
- Work in coordination with the Recreation Director in matters relating to the physical operation of the pool
- Inform the Recreation Director regarding any facility maintenance (routine, damages, and or necessary repair).
- Order all chemicals and chlorine and other supplies as
- Submit a monthly report to the Recreation Director for inclusion in the regular Town of Bonnyville Parks and Recreation meeting package and, at season’s end, submit a final report giving recommendations, program statistics and maintenance
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing the use of the facility with the authority to suspend and/or discipline patrons whose behavior is offensive or dangerous to other persons and/or property.
- Fulfill life guarding and instructional duties as
- Ensure that all monies are recorded and deposited
- Responsible for community awareness and information regarding the pool, in the web page, newspapers, community registration
- Fill out incident reports as
- Must follow the union guidelines for staff disciplinary action, upon discussion with the Recreation Director or their
- Have pool staff evaluate the pool supervisor (with guaranteed confidentiality) and submit to the Recreation Director or their
- Ensure that all MSDS are up to date and available to all
- Keep an updated list of staff certifications and notify staff when certifications are
- Be part of the on call rotation for
- Ensure comprehensive training of new staff in all manners of the pool including Occupational Health and
- Have a working knowledge of OHS legislation as it applies to pool operations and aquatic
- Accurately saves and scans “records” into the document management system, the Vadim system and archives department paper files as per the Retention
- Any other duties as assigned by the Recreation Director or their
Please forward your resume to:
Town of Bonnyville c/o Human Resources Bag 1006
Bonnyville AB T9N 2J7 or Email: [email protected]
We thank all those who apply; however only those considered for the position will be contacted