Kress Law is seeking an experienced real estate conveyancing assistant to join our practice immediately. We offer a welcoming team and flexible work environment. Position is permanent and can be part time or full time.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepares all transfer, mortgage and security documentation relating to the conveyancing of residential and commercial real estate.
- Deals directly with real estate clients in a courteous, efficient and respectful manner.
- Organizes client appointments, is responsible for ensuring that the requisite steps in a transaction are taken in a timely manner so as to ensure orderly and on-time closings.
- Proactively organizes their matters in an effort to optimize practice efficiency.
- Drafts correspondence for review by lawyer.
- Conducts quality control when requested, by reviewing work delegated to others, such as documents, standard letters, invoices, time charges.
- Independently performs client account management by preparing invoices for review by lawyer, verifying fees and disbursements, preparing write-offs and addressing client inquiries regarding billing and following up on firm accounts receivable.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with clients, understanding client businesses, practices and expectations.
- Report generation relating to client activities, billings and firm administration or management.
- First point of contact with clients.
- Maintains high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- The position requires the completion of a high school diploma plus three years’ experience working in a professional services or legal environment.
- Experience as a real estate conveyancer is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge and Skills
- Maintains high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Organizational skills required to effectively multi-task
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Knowledge of legal procedures and practices
- Solid drafting and proofreading skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of PC Law and The Conveyancer is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Kress Law is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may submit cover letters and resumes to [email protected].
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.