Town of Bonnyville EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Labourer II – Roads Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
Are you a student planning on returning to school full time in September? Do you want to make a difference in the Town of Bonnyville? Are you a team player and willing to work and willing to work outdoors or in noisy/smelly environments?
Summary of Functions:
Under the direction of the Public Works Supervisors, the incumbent is responsible for manual labour work in any aspect required for Public Works operations.
Minimum requirements: The incumbent must be a returning full time student in September.
Have a valid Class 3 Driver’s License
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs manual labour duties related to transportation and utilities such as solid waste collection, repairs and maintenance of roadways, sidewalks, street signs, water and sewer lines, hydrants, valves, catch basins,
- Lawn equipment operations, tree pruning & planting, playground and parks equipment maintenance, plant and flower maintenance, parks beautification and other related duties.
- Performs minor maintenance on the equipment such as fuelling, greasing, washing,
- Assist in Town programs such as residential round up, Canada Day Tourism, and events.
- Adheres to all safety procedures as
- Assisting in preparation for special events as
- Adhere to all safety
- Performs other related duties as
Positions are available from May 6, 2018 to August 23, 2018. Mail to:
Town of Bonnyville
C/o Human Resources 2018 STEP Labourer II – Roads Bag 1006, 5609 – 54 Avenue
Bonnyville, AB T9N 2J7 Email to: [email protected]
Types of Physical Exertion:
Lifting weights exceeding 15 kg and up to an approximate maximum of 25 kg. Walking on uneven surfaces.
Stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Climb stairs and ladders.
We would like to thank applicants who apply, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.