The Town of Bonnyville is seeking an individual to work within a team-oriented organization to undertake the role of Public Works Heavy Duty Mechanic. This is a full- time permanent position that reports to the Director of Public Works or their designate.
Must hold a Journeyman Heavy Duty Ticket. A minimum of 4 years related experience.
Must have moderate communication skills (i.e. reading and writing skills) including the ability to carry out moderate verbal and written instructions.
Class 5 drivers license or higher in good standing.
An Automotive Ticket would be an asset.
Previous experience with emergency vehicles, construction and agriculture equipment would be an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and maintain all Town owned vehicles and equipment.
• Prioritize repair and maintenance.
• Maintain a parts and supply inventory.
• Track all maintenance and keep accurate and timely record of all work done.
• Check vehicles and equipment regularly to assure operators are performing routine maintenance such as greasing, changing oil and washing.
• Ensures safety practices are adhered to and maintained in the Town Shop.
• Engineer and fabricate for miscellaneous projects.
• Adheres to all safety procedures as required.
• Must be a team player with a professional and respectful attitude.
• Must be able to work rotational standby (upon completion of probationary period).
• Must be willing to work overtime, if required.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Closing Date: October 5, 2018 by noon Submit applications to:
Town of Bonnyville C/o Human Resources
Bag 1006, 5609 – 54 Avenue Bonnyville, AB T9N 2J7
Email: [email protected]
Types of Physical Exertion:
Lifting weights exceeding 15 kg and up to an approximate maximum of 25 kg.
Walking on uneven surfaces. Stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Climb stairs and ladders.
We thank all those who apply; however only those considered for the position will be contacted.