Do you want to be part of a forward thinking team supporting a vision to grow the local economy? Are you self-motivated, have excellent interpersonal skills, are proactive and a genuine enthusing for recreation/customer focused service? Town of Elk Point is seeking a confident, energetic, team-oriented, self-starter and personable professional to join our team as a Recreation/Communication Coordinator.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for the coordination and promotion of recreation programming including special event planning, administering Town’s social media, and assisting the Chief Administrative Officer with press releases, reports, tourism and retention/attraction of business in the community.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, implement and evaluate programs that meet needs of community. One event per month.
- Engage/assist user groups/non-profit organizations in grant applications.
- Provide guidance and prepare agenda/minutes for the Recreation Committee.
- Write weekly Recreation Corner article for local newspaper.
- Chair Canada Day Committee; including creating agenda, minutes, recruiting, depositing funds, setting up vendors and performers, etc.
This is a contract position with flexible work hours of approximately 2-3 days per week. Evening and/or weekend hours would be necessary. Please provide salary expectations with detailed resume and three (3) work related references.
You will find a detailed job description on the Town of Elk Point website under http://www.elkpoint.ca/Employment-Opportunities.
Please email your application to [email protected], fax to 780-724-2762 or mail/drop off in person at the Town Office.
Application Return: Town of Elk Point
PO Box 448
Elk Point, AB
Closing Date: August 1, 2018 at 12:00 (NOON)
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contracted.