The Town of St. Paul
Is seeking a
DIRECTOR OF PARKS & RECREATION
St. Paul is a community of 6004 strategically located in the center of the North-East region of Alberta and is a major trading center for the surrounding districts. St. Paul is supported by agriculture supplemented by the oil and gas industries.
The Director of Parks and Recreation is responsible for the overall oversight of facility operations and maintenance, as well as program and service delivery associated with the Town Parks and Recreation Department portfolio. The portfolio includes the Town Golf Course, Tourism Centre, Campgrounds, Sports Fields, Parks, Arenas, and Recreation Centres. In doing so, the Director will work with the community to ensure that the sport, recreation, and cultural needs and interests of residents are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Post Secondary Degree in Parks and Recreation Administration, or Public Administration, or Management, or equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in a management/supervisory role in a municipal government environment;
- Experience in the management of recreation facilities associated with the department;
- Experience working with and assisting community groups in the development of parks, recreation, and culture;
- Sound knowledge of recreation, parks and culture industry standards, trends and developments;
- Experience developing and implementing operational policies, procedures, work plans, and departmental strategic plans;
- Excellent communication, public relations, customer service, problem solving and conflict resolution skills are essential;
- Computer proficiency in business applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) and familiarity with Recreation Management software;
- Class 5 Driver’s License;
- First Aid, CPR, and A.E.D. Certification (or willingness to obtain)
The successful applicant will be required to work our regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Starting annual salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience. The Town of St. Paul offers a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – Town of St. Paul
St. Paul, AB T0A 3A0
Email: [email protected]
Deadline to submit applications:
Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.