Beautification Loans are still being accepted in the Lakeland Region.
Community Futures Lakeland, with the generous support of Town of Bonnyville and the MD of Bonnyville, is proud to be running the Beautification Loan Program.
Lisa Ford is the General Manager Community Futures Lakeland.
“The Beautification loan program consists of small loans that include a repayable portion as well as a $2,000 grant,” Ford told Lakeland Connect. “At Community Futures Lakeland we know that this is an uncertain time for local businesses to decide to invest and we feel that the interest free loan coupled with the grant would help business owners make that choice to invest.”
Ford says they are trying to see the opportunities even though the Covid-19 pandemic has created unimaginable challenges for our community.
“From an individual business perspective, our businesses have limited foot traffic and this makes it the ideal time to complete construction projects,” Ford said. “From a construction industry perspective, we have trades people who are not at capacity for work and may be available for smaller projects that they would otherwise pass on. And finally from a community perspective the Covid-19 pandemic has kept people closer to home and their neighbourhood is their focus.”
The Program Purpose is to provide businesses located in the participating municipalities (MD of Bonnyville and Town of Bonnyville so far) the opportunity to initiate business upgrades, utilizing “grant” dollars and an interest free loan, up to a maximum of $10,000. (maximum $2,000 grant portion and $8,000 loan per applicant).
The grants can be used for:
- Adding curb appeal and variety at the sidewalk level, emphasizing active storefronts, orienting windows, and doorways to the street.
- All interior/exterior renovations could qualify for this beautification.
- Upgrading of the plumbing and lighting in your business.
- Enhancing the storefront designs that make use of window display areas and/or new signage.
- Coordinating improvements with neighboring buildings and the unique character of the local business area.
- Undertaking general cleaning of the building exterior, interior, repainting faded and peeling paint, repairing damaged areas, and restoring unique architectural features.
This is all thanks to the generous support of the MD of Bonnyville and the Town of Bonnyville who are happy to provide their small businesses with much needed support, Ford added.
So far Ford says they have approved:
- Three in the Town of Bonnyville with two loans still available for applications
- Three approved in the MD of Bonnyville with two loans still available for applications.
Interested businesses should contact Community Futures Lakeland office for more details at 780-826-3858.
Applications are still being accepted at https://lakeland.albertacf.com/services/beautification-loan