HOURS: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
The estimator develops plans to meet customer requirements and estimates the cost of materials. He or she develops plans and specifications for home and /or commercial construction projects, compiles lists of materials from blueprints. He or she may take part in sales calls, and regularly estimates the cost and quantity of materials necessary for specific projects. The estimator must perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to avoid placing a disproportionate burden on other employees with similar job tasks.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explain the need for and the proper use of materials to the customer.
- Up-sell features and benefits to customers.
- Prepare lists of materials based upon blueprints.
- Try to accommodate the contractors prescribed consumer budget.
- Estimate the material requirements for projects.
- Recommend the HomeInstalls program.
- Supply customers and / or management with accurate estimates on a timely basis.
- Accompany outside salesperson on customer calls when requested to do so.
- Participate in meetings training sessions, conferences, etc., when appropriate.
- Suggest changes in rules, policies and / or procedures when you believe such changes would improve efficiency, profits, sales, overall operations, and / or morale.
- Work on special projects when they are assigned by your supervisor after determining a mutually agreeable degree of priority in the context of your other responsibilities.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Ability to work co-operatively in team atmosphere.
- Communicate effectively with employees, management, customers, and suppliers.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret information relative to your position presented in written and printed formats, as well as pertinent data stated in numerical and / or statistical form to prepare designs and estimates promptly and accurately.
- Operate equipment necessary to this position safely and efficiently including computer, drafting software, FAX, telephone, etc.
- Have proper training in estimating, and blueprint reading.
- Education equivalent to or greater than architectural technician or post-secondary diploma in architectural technology or construction technology.
- 1-2 years of experience in the architectural field.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Reports directly to the Project Manager.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO:
Venture Home Hardware Building Centre
9112 Beaverhill Road
Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0