It’s school board election time in the Lakeland Region. Lakeland Connect has you covered, here are your candidates.
St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1
The following individuals have filed nomination papers to run as trustee for the St. Paul Education Regional Division No. 1: * denotes the incumbent.
- Connie Henderson
- Lorne Young*
- Darcy Younghans
- Jan Rajoo – declared elected
- Lorette Andersen
- Connie Landsiedel
- Sylvie Smyl
- Dwight Wiebe*
- Heather Starosielski*
- Suzanne Stybel
Glen Avon Ward vacant – no nomination received (Two trustees are elected in Ward C.) Incumbent trustees Justin Anderson, Christopher Cook and Ruven Rajoo are not running for re-election.
As no nomination was received in the Glen Avon ward, nominations for this ward shall remain open each day from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon until a candidate or 2 candidates has been nominated. Should a candidate or candidates for the Glen Avon ward come forward, nominations shall close as of 12:00 noon on that day. A candidate handbook and electoral map are available at: www.stpauleducation.ab.ca
Candidates Running for 2021 Buffalo Trail Public School Division Election
Ward 4 (formerly County of Vermilion River);
Electoral Subdivision #2 (Rural Vermilion)
- Jim King
- Katherine Nelson
Electoral Subdivision #3 (Kitscoty/PV and area)
- Kayti Eldridge
- Jessica Kaastrup
Electoral Subdivision #4 (Dewberry/Marwayne and area)
- David Bensmiller
- Cameron Stevenson
Candidates Running for 2021 East Central Alberta Catholic Separate School Division
Trustee (The Vermilion Ward) – 2 Vacancies
- Derek Collins
- Jeremy Laurence
- Jim Sanson – incumbent
The advanced poll will take place on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Kitscoty Legion Hall and again on Saturday, October 16, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the same location. Election Day is Monday, October 18, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the appropriate polling stations, which will be determined closer to Election Day.
Candidates Running for 2021 Northern Lights Public Schools
- In Ward 1 – Bonnyville, six candidates submitted nomination forms for the three trustee positions that are available. Those candidates are: Chad Colbourne, Cheryl Edwards, Lorne Kaban, Garry Kissel, Roy Ripkens, and Michael Topylki.
- In Ward 4 – Lac La Biche – Plamondon, there are three candidates for one open position. Those candidates are Stephanida Gostevskyh, Sandra Makokis and Blair Norton.
- In both Ward 1 and Ward 4 the nominations are unofficial until a 24-hour period has passed. During that time, candidates may withdraw their names from contention if they wish to do so. Once that 24 hour period has expired, the nominations will be considered official and if arrangements will be made for the election on October 18 if necessary.
- In Ward 2 – Cold Lake, there were three nominations submitted for the three positions that were available. As a result, Karen Packard, Mandi Skogen and Ron Young have been acclaimed to those positions and will serve as trustees for the 2021-2025 term.
- In Ward 5 – Lac La Biche South, one nomination was received for the one open position. As a result, Debra Lozinski was acclaimed and will serve as a trustee for the 2021-2025 term.
Candidates Running for 2021 Lakeland Catholic School Division
The Lakeland Catholic School Board of Trustees has been elected by acclamation with all wards receiving at least one nomination.
Trustees elected for the 2021-2025 term are:
- Ward 1 – Diane Bauer *
- Ward 1 – Vincent MacDonald *
- Ward 1 – Denise Sirois Tercier
- Ward 2 – Vicky Lefebvre *
- Ward 2 – Mary Anne Penner *
- Ward 2 – Anna Michelle Brockhoff
- Ward 3 – Donna Cloutier