Detailed Job Description
Strathcona Resources is looking to fill the full-time position of Senior Automation Technician at its Lindbergh Steam-Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD) Oil Sands project located approximately 40 km south of Bonnyville, AB. This position will require the successful candidate to live in the area or be willing to relocate upon hiring.
Some of the responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Develop Graphics and perform Logic Design for DeltaV
- Review Class Modules from in-house Library as well as Composites and apply to correct Control Strategies
- Dynamo Creation and application to Class modules and correct Control Strategies
- Provide guidance and procedural consistency to the full life cycle of Control Systems, including development, commissioning, start up, operations, and turnaround / maintenance activities
- Review and participate in Cause and Effect development
- Participate in development and review of Control Narratives
- Develop Operator Training Manuals for Advanced Control Strategies
- Develop, Test, and Deploy Control Graphics on Pro-Face HMI
- Develop and review Bill of Materials for DeltaV System Hardware
- Participate in licensing review requirements
- Build and Setup all Servers, and Workstations for various roles such as Historian, ProPlus, AMS, BASE Station, Terminal Server, Terminal Server Gateway, Pro Station, AMS Client SC
- Setup and maintain DeltaV Smart Switches, VLAN’s on Cisco switches, Primary Domain and Secondary Domain Controllers, and Server Roles
- Build and deploy Group Policy Objects
- Develop and configure AMS Database and Device Hierarchy
- Provide programming and troubleshooting for all PLCs, HMIs, and DCS
- Provide interpretation and advice on technically complex issues for control systems
- Develop and implement control philosophies and logic descriptions. Assist in new project design, equipment selection, spare parts requirements and construction inspections.
- Perform advanced tuning of interdependent processes.
- Identify reliability issues and high maintenance cost “bad actor” equipment and control systems and provide recommendations for improvement. Assist with failure analysis, identify required upgrades and assist in the development of plans for implementation.
- Assist in developing instrument standards and specifications pertaining to installation, maintenance, and reliability
- Participate in the Process Safety Management programs in the areas of Safeguarding, HAZOP, P&ID Reviews, Equipment Integrity, Risk Management, Operating and Maintenance Procedures, Process Change Review, Incident and Accident investigations
- Ensure drawing as-builts are completed and submitted for drafting
- Maintain and update master instrument index and instrument data sheets
- DeltaV Implementation 1 and 2 certifications.
- AMS Device Manager configuration experience.
- DeltaV Systems Administration for Windows 7 and Server 2008.
- RS Logix 5000 and Studio 5000 programming experience.
- Experience with DeltaV server virtualization.
- Minimum 10 years of related programming work experience in a Thermal facility.
- Journeyman Instrumentation or Electrician certification would be considered an asset
- Sound understanding of maintenance/operations as it relates to the safe and efficient production of bitumen
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license required.